A total of 42 project applications were submitted during the most recent Shift2Rail Open Call for Proposals, which ended on 18 June 2019. Eight of them involved companies and research institutions from the ERCI partner clusters. It should be emphasised that small and medium-sized enterprises are also strongly represented this time.
The project proposals supported by ERCI deal with the following topics:
- Advanced Car body shells for railways and light material and innovative doors and train modularity
- Tools, methodologies and technological development of next generation of Running Gear
- Complementary Travel Expert Services
- Condition-based and preventive maintenance for locomotive bogie
- Advanced obstacle detection and track intrusion system for autonomous freight train
- Noise and Vibration
- Artificial Intelligence for the railway sector
A decision on the projects to be funded is expected by the end of September. We keep our fingers crossed for everyone involved.
In photo: Carlo Borghini, CEO of Shift2Rail JU, at the ERCI Innovation Awards 2018 © Berlin Partner/photothek